Saturday, August 18, 2018

my first Blog





NOW WHAT?




                                                                        So this is Us.

   Just to put a face to the names this is Me , Betty and my hardworking stressed out husband Leslie.

The name Jersey Chores was his literary input, ( which doesn't happen often). And I thought it was

 brilliant. He chose this because at the time we were milking Jerseys,  and well, you now about the

 reality tv show. So I paid for the name immediately ( that was 2.5 years ago.) 😌😔😔 and now I

 have to post something to get this train rolling  .So here is my first blog post.

                                                                  Entitled ..

                                       NOW WHAT?


                           Who doesn't think about  being a writer? > really? you've never? 

Well my grade school dream was to be a writer. My teenage dream was to be a Veterinarian. My

 young adult dream was to be a mother, wife , master gardener, and  farmer.  Well now with this blog

 post  I realize I've  accomplished all these dreams. How lucky am I?

       The only problem is , what to write about. Well you will get my day to day dilemmas and my

 stressors and my highs and lows of farming and especially cow milking chores  .  My mishaps,

 which there are many,  My favorite 

recipes and gardening tips. ( did I forget to mention I ran a 1500 sq foot greenhouse retail business for

 12 years: everything started from seed.. yes even the perennials and all doable in zone 2b) . Oh yes

 and a vegetable CSA. till I blew out both my shoulders 😖😖😖,.

And you will notice often that my technical skills with computers is much lacking...but my friend

 "Jo" ( who you will hear about often)  helps the best she can...I"m not an easy student to mentor...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

         Well we have been farming organically since before it was cool. 1997 to be exact. Wheat, oats,

      flax, barley, lentils..and livestock. And Guernsey cows...oh how I love my Guernsey cows.

  Now our grass-fed/ grass-finished, free-ranged ,milk-fed organic Premium meat lineup- unparalleled

                                     in Saskatchewan....is being offered to the public.

                        We offer BEEF.. PORK ..CHICKEN... LAMB ..AND.. PEKING DUCK.


I hope you will check back often to read our happenings from time to time and I welcome feedback

 of what you would like to see on these pages. SOMETIMES I HAVE NO FILTER ..(sorry in

advance for that I will try not to be too much of  a redneck) I will keep it reasonably short because no

 one knows how precious time is more than me . So wish me luck and enjoy my musings. Feel free to

 checkout our facebook  page   Catherwood organics

😎
  
Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment